I’m sometimes asked about the practical aspects of using Angel Cards, or Tarot, and Runes as a means of connecting with spirit when doing readings. If you’ve been to see a psychic you’ll often find this is common practice. I’ve been to several and some very gifted mediums seem to need nothing at all to help them, but we all get different forms of clairaudience, clairsentience, and clairvoyance.
I’ve been using Doreen Virtue’s Angel cards for several years, but also I have some gorgeous rose quartz Egyptian throwing stones. I’ve tried Tarot a couple of times, but never quite managed to master those – I have trouble remembering them all. (Although Doreen Virtue and Radleigh Valentine have put out some lovely Tarot Angel cards that are worth looking at if you are interested and/or undecided about what you might like to use.)
These help me to get into the head-space or state of connection I need to be able to hone in on exactly what the person seeking a reading really wants to have come up. Sometimes they may be a little shy about spilling the beans on what is really bothering them. Cards and stones help me to get to the heart of the matter.
If you are an emerging psychic and want to start expanding on your awareness, there are some things you might like to start doing/trying to help:
- Get a set of cards and start doing some readings on yourself, to start to get familiar with the sight or sound of what messaging is like.
- Meditation – this is highly valuable as a means of tuning in – and don’t be surprised if angels and spirit guides make themselves known to you through meditation.
- Work out through trying and seeing what feels right for you, the other options, such as runes, stones, divination with pendulums, Tarot etc. Work this on how it feels to use them. This really is a trial by experience.
- Talk to other psychically aware people and ask them what you need, how you can get it, and who else you could talk to if you are serious about learning more about this emerging ability you have.
- Read a lot – find out the difference between guides, angels, what others experiences are like, how to start recognising signs and messages, and most of all how to protect yourself with white light.
I have some links worth checking out here that I have found really helpful.
One other thing I really do encourage you to do, is start being very healthy. Treat yourself well – limit coffee, alcohol, junk food, and increase your time in nature, fresh air, hands in the earth, sitting on the earth, walking barefoot on sand or grass, and looking after yourself from a spiritual wellness point of view. Eliminate negative self talk and gossip from your life too.
If you have questions, or want to know more about this, I’m planning a series of Skype workshops for Emerging Psychic Awareness in early 2015. Let me know if you’re keen to have a place open for you – no obligation to join at this time but I am seeking expressions of interest as I plan days, times, and content.