I find it really hard to meditate properly and yet when I do stop to take time and just listen to the silence, and let my mind wander where ever it needs to go I feel peace, and inspiration usually follows. But I wonder if we get too hung up on the concept of meditating and if I’m the only one who questions whether or not ‘I’m Doing It Right?!’.
Here’s 5 tips for anyone needing help to get started:
- Grab a couple of crystals, smooth shapes you like the feel of, one for each hand.
- Sit somewhere quietly… maybe some natural background sounds like rain, ocean, or birds.
- Get comfortable – it doesn’t have to be cross legged, or even sitting. You can even do a walking meditation through a forest or along a beach.
- Think about the stones or crystals in your hand, focus on those… but if other thoughts push in, practice moving them to a corner of your mind for later, or calmly tell them to wait quietly please. (you can also ask your angels or guides to help with this)
- Breath slowly, deeply, and just focus on your in and out breathing.
There’s no time limit -a 10 minute meditation can be just as calming as a longer one for some people. And practice this daily if you can. Soon you’ll be able to locate that quiet space in your mind as and when you need to.